Friday, November 11, 2011

Karlie Kloss Figured Out What Victoria’s ‘Secret’ Is


All eyes were on Victoria’s Secret first-timer Karlie Kloss last night, and for good reason. The supermodel-in-the-making has a killer walk and outsize personality so it was no shock that she killed it on the glitter-filled Victoria’s Secret runway. We sat down with Kloss before the show to ask her the pressure of being “the one to watch,” if she would switch up her signature walk, and if she indulged in any crazy diet or exercise pre-show. During our chat, Kloss also stumbled upon Victoria’s secret.
Fashionista: There was so much hype about whether or not you’d be walking Victoria’s Secret this year. What do you make of it?
Karlie Kloss: It’s crazy. I think it puts a little more pressure on. There’s already 10 million people watching. I feel honored to be here. I grew up idolizing the woman that are around me right now so the fact that I get to be in this show with the most beautiful women in the world is an honor. And it’s fun.

You’ve walked for Chanel, Dior, Lanvin…all the top shows in Paris. How is this different? 
You always feel beautiful, say, at a Dior show. The clothes are stunning and the hair and make up is always beautiful. But what’s different about this show is that you have the freedom to be you. When you 
get out there you get to do whatever the heck you want. I have these huge wings and one of my wings takes up the whole runway. So for that I’ll be focusing on not pushing Kanye West off the stage.
But that would be make for a good ‘fashion moment.’
Yeah, that would be something new. It’s a good thing this isn’t live.

What was the casting like? Did the other models give you tips?
I was out of town during the casting so I didn’t go. [Ed. note: Hmm...] Chanel [Iman] is a good friend of mine and I called her and I was like ‘Alright girl you gotta tell, what is the secret? I’m a little freaked out, a little overwhelmed, take me through the ropes.’ And more than anything she’s told me to have fun with it. I think it’s just going to be one giant glitter-filled party on that runway. And then when I push Kanye off-stage with my wings, it’s gonna be on a whole other level.
Your body is pretty amazing–still can’t get over that Anthony Vaccarello dress. Did you do anything to prep for the show?
I got a trainer six months ago. But I’ve always just been incredibly physical. In high school I did sports and ballet. With all the traveling it’s hard to have a consistent routine. So I got a trainer, just because, I don’t know? Just for the heck of it. And it’s been amazing. But I am 19 so that comes into play, too. I look around at all these women and they have perfect bodies and they had children like three months ago. I’m like Miranda, get the heck out of here. How do you even do that? They have a secret. That’s Victoria’s Secret. All the Angels know it. Miranda, Adriana, Alessandra, you have to stay [with Victoria's Secret] until you have a baby. I guess I’m a few years away from that but whatever their secret is I want to know it.

Karlie, when you figure it out, please let us know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment