Wednesday, November 30, 2011
In honor of a new Louis Vuitton flagship opening in Sydney, Australia, British artist Billie Achilleo created a set of animals made entirely out of Vuitton handbags and accessories. And not just any animals–a kangaroo, a koala bear and a crocodile; which, as far as I know with my TV-based knowledge of Australian wildlife, are native to the country/continent. Her creations are so elaborate and detailed, it’s hard to believe they’re real, but they are.
It’s also not the first time the brand has collaborated with Achilleo on animal sculptures. She created an armadillo, a grasshopper, a chameleon and a beaver earlier this year to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Louis Vuitton SLG Savoir Faire collection.
écrit par Sam @ 9:15 AM
- Vanity Fair January 2012 Lady Gaga by Annie Leibovitz
- Harper's Bazaar Turkey December 2011 Heather Marks Koray Birand
- UK Elle January 2012 Lady GaGa by Matt Irwin
- Vogue Brasil December 2011 Alessandra Ambrosio & Rodrigo Santoro
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Understated & uncommonly chic, this slouchy, multi-pocketed bag changed the way the fashion world thought of backpacks (previously the province of Alpine hikers & fifth graders!) In the mid-90s in NYC, the bags (and their many knockoffs) were so omnipresent on everyone's back that it made walking around parties & subway cars a little difficult
Audrey Hepburn, Actress
Why? Because window-shoppin and munching a croissant will never again be that elegant. neither will a black turtleneck with black cigarette pants. A little black dress that she wore in Breakfast with Tiffany's sold at action for nearly a million dollars- & the proceeds built a school for improvised children in India. (and because being an humanitarian is always in style)
Monday, November 28, 2011
ELLE cover star Emma Watson's Lancome TV advert is finally ready to watch, months after we first told you she was filming it in Paris.
Emma Watson was signed to the beauty giant as an ambassador back in February and her first role for the brand is as the face of its new scent Tresor Midnight Rose.
And the former Harry Potter star isn't just a pretty face, as she told Avril Mair in this month's ELLE. 'Lancome was taken aback by how much input I wanted to have. But I would never just put my name on something. It's more interesting to have a genuine involvement with a brand, rather than showing up on the day and looking pretty.'
Emma was involved in many areas, from helping with the scent's name and tag line, 'Catch my heart if you can', to choosing the colour of the rose. The actress also helped with the film's concept (inspired by Jean-Luc Godard's Breathless) and casting her 'love interest' actor Cyril Descours. 'I was very involved in the script. It’s been really fun for me.'
Emma Watson follows a long line of established and well respected stars to sign to the French beauty brand including Julia Roberts, Penelope Cruz and Kate Winslet. 'As much as I do love fashion, I'm an actress first and foremost. Lancome represents great actresses and that appealed to me'.
The fragrance is the latest addition to the Tresor family. The original launched back in 1952, with another more successful scent with the same name launching in 1990, before Trésor in Love in 2010. The latest, Tresor Midnight Rose includes notes of rose absolute, raspberry, jasmine, peony, blackcurrant bud absolute and pink pepper.
Of the fragrance Emma has said it's 'addictive, it's warm, it's playful, it's sweet, it's everything I hoped it would be. I didn't really like perfumes before because I thought they were heavy, but this one is really light and playful.'
Tresor Midnight Rose is on sale now
See the advert after the jump...
- Double Magazine Fall 2011 Anna de Rijk by Viviane Sassen
- Vogue Turkey December 2011 Jacquelyn Jablonski
- Cover December January 2011 2012
- The Sunday Telegraph Autumn Winter 2011 Magda Laguinge by Rafael Stahelin
- Art Review December 2011 Alexandre Singh by Jacob Sutton
- Bon International Winter 2011 Noomi Rapace by Sam-Taylor Wood
- Elle Ukraine December 2011 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- Harper's Bazaar Singapore December 2011 Masha Tyelna by Gan
- S Magazine #13
- Flair December 2011 Georgina Stojiljkovic
- Dazed & Confused Korea December 2011
- Harper's Bazaar Korea December 2011 x3
- Muse Winter 2011 Lindsey Wixson by Will Davidson
- Elle France November 25, 2011 Kate Winslet
- Numéro Tokyo #53 January February 2012 Hilary Rhoda
- Image Magazine December 2011 Odile Coco by Helen McArden
- Spur Japan December 2011
- Ginza Japan December 2011