Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Karl Lagerfeld guest-edits Metro newspaper for a day





Karl Lagerfeld sketched himself for the cover of today's Metro International. Seems Uncle Karl is seeing "global". So now that he's checked off Newspaper Editor, is there anything else Karl has left to do in this world that he hasn't already done? He's a one stop shop powerhouse.  So here's what else we all willlearn about Karl from his interview with the paper..more quotable quotes from the grande formage...
  • I don’t say cheap because people are cheap, but clothes are not supposed to be cheap—they are supposed to be well designed and not expensive. 
  • When I did H&M, everyone said don’t do it. And it worked. When I took over Chanel, everyone said to me, don’t do it, it’s dead, it doesn’t work. It worked beyond. So I better not listen to people and follow only my instincts.
  • I like to be on TV but I don’t watch TV. I have no time for that. 
  • What I hate about children is that they put you in a generation mode. I don’t want to be anyone’s father generation, grandfather generation, I’m of no generation. I’m from every generation.
And don't forget to pick up your Metro this morning so as not to miss out on some exclusive and fabulous content from the Kaiser himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment