Friday, December 16, 2011

Valentino Doesn’t Think Raf Simons is the ‘Right Person’ for Dior (But the Staff at Dior Does)


Time for the design community to weigh in on the possibility of Raf Simons at Dior!
From Mr. Valentino Garavani himself, when asked byVogue UK whether he thought Simons was a good fit for the job:
“I’m not sure – it’s an amazing job, I don’t know if he would be the right person for it. John Galliano is difficult to replace. I think it’s important not to jump into things. It needs to be a logical continuation of the brand. But who am I to say anything? I guess we all just have to wait and see.”

For what it’s worth, our little birdy close to Dior says the staff is very excited about the possibility of Simons at the helm (of both Dior and Dior Homme)–even if Valentino isn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment