Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Franca Sozzani: "I'll Tell You All About It" In 6 Points ("It" being Karlie's Removed Image)




Il-blog-del-direttore-modifica-12-dicembre-2011_784x0First: who said these pictures have been heavily Photoshopped is wrong.

...

Fourth: I did not remove the first picture from the site because I thought it set a bad example due to its thinness, but because I am aware of the fact that people can easily attach labels without thinking, so I believed I could avoid a pointless debate. I made a mistake. I had to do what I thought was right, that is leave the picture and let everybody express their opinion freely. The picture is beautiful and that’s all.

...

Sixth: before talking, why not just ask? I would have answered your doubts before, without causing so many pointless remarks.

I think by her, at the time, removing the image without providing a reason painted a guilty stand. When that happened, it was any logical person's assessment to conclude that the image was removed due to heavy photoshopping. To come off being defensive here is a bit rash, on her part.

Vogue Italia: The Truth About Karlie Kloss & Steven Meisel's Photos? I'll Tell You All About It. 

No comments:

Post a Comment