Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dylan Lauren's Ralph Lauren Wedding Dress, Unveiled


The dress Ralph Lauren designed for daughter Dylan to wed hedge fund founder Paul Arrouet appears in the August 2011 issue of Vogue. Lauren, who reportedly consulted with Vera Wang on the dress's design, decided on a handmade duchesse-satin, silk-tulle, and georgette embroidered dress with a tiered, nine-foot train. "I had to do something that was better than ever before," he told Oprah before the June 2011 wedding, which took place at his 300-acre Westchester County, New York estate. "When you do something for your family or your daughter, I mean it's the only daughter I have — beautiful girl. I want to just give her something that she'd really treasure and give her something that would be really amazing. I want her to feel fantastic."
Lauren also designed the bridesmaid's dresses in Dylan's Candy Bar-logo colors, with specially-made Spanx if the wearer so opted. "I also was inspired by a New York Times front page of one of my father's Spring/Summer collections where they showed the finale lineup of all those vivid colors of satin evening dresses," Dylan explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment