Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Naomi Campbell Considering Legal Action After Called "Chocolate" In Cadbury Ad Campaign

Naomi Campbell is upset that candy company Cadbury used her name to promote its new Bliss chocolate bar, and has accused the company of racism. Campbell says that she is considering "every option available" after Cadbury refused to pull the ad campaign, which ran in British newspapers last week with the line: "Move over Naomi, there's a new diva in town." She added: "I am shocked. It's upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people. I do not find any humor in this. It is insulting and hurtful."

Campbell's mother, Valerie Morris, supports her daughter's feelings: "I'm deeply upset by this racist advert. Do these people think they can insult black people and we just take it? This is the 21st century, not the 1950s. Shame on Cadbury."
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment