Tuesday, April 5, 2011
New Things We Learned About Anna Wintour on Bloomberg Game Changers
- After Viva, Wintour went to New York to become their fashion editor. Wintour’s assistant at New York, Laurie Schechter, says she lost eight pounds in two weeks working for her because it was “constant.” “She tells you what she wants and she’s not going to tell you how to do it,” Schechter said.
- Wintour’s staff at British Vogue coined the nickname “nuclear Wintour.”
- Condé Nast brought Wintour back stateside after a stint helming British Vogue to overhaul House & Garden. She did and readers were so disappointed by the changes she made at the shelter mag (she added spreads of celebrities in their homes and somehow that didn’t fly?) that Condé Nast was forced to offer subscription refunds.
- On her first cover of US Vogue as EIC she paired a $10,000 top with $40 jeans–which was revolutionary at the time.
- According to Emily K. Rafferty, president of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Anna Wintour’s Met ball raised over $9 million in one night during the recession.
écrit par Sam @ 8:51 AM