Friday, March 25, 2011

Carine Roitfeld To Style Barneys Fall Campaign


Carine Roitfeld has revealed her next move!
Women's Wear Daily reports that the former FrenchVogue editor-in-chief (who resigned in December) will style Barneys fall campaign -- including the catalog, the windows and a short film -- working with photographer Mario Sorrenti and Barneys creative director Dennis Freedman.
Roitfeld told WWD, "It's very exciting. It's a new kind of project for me. It's good to have a new life, because now I can do projects that I never dreamed of before. For me, Barneys has always been the biggest name in luxury department stores, so to be able to participate in this project with them, and be visible during the next fashion week in New York, is my dream come true. To a French girl, it's a big, big dream."
Roitfeld hasn't ruled out returning to print, saying that she's sure, one day, she'll put together some stories for some magazine. She also spoke about the flood of rumors surrounding her future:
"Each day it's changing. One day I am going to Dior with Riccardo Tisci, the next day I am going to Saint Laurent with Hedi Slimane. I don't think it's very nice for the designer at Saint Laurent, and it's just rumors. What I know is that I now have my freedom and I will keep my freedom forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment