Friday, March 25, 2011

Anna Dello Talks about being a fashion Victim


Anna Dello Russo has opened her Paris fashion week closet at the Ritz to various street-style photographers and journalists, but CNN took it to the next level, capturing the spectacle on video. Dello Russo, of course, dispatches her signature quotable gems. Take, for example, why she doesn't wear black, even though so many others in the industry do: "They are depressed, to me. I don't like black when it's really conformist. Why would people look at me if I'm wearing a black coat?"
She continues: "Paris Fashion Week for me is like my Olympic Games, I have to be the best performer. That's why I'm thinking about clothes six months before, because it's [like] a singer, being in concert. You can't come to a concert and be like, 'Oh, I forgot a song.' When I'm here [in Paris], I really perform." However, with all the embellishment and color she prefers, Dello Russo admits: "Sometimes I look like a Christmas tree . . . that is okay." She adds: "Because I'm totally crazy, I mean, I'm a total fashion victim."
As for her recommendation on how to put together the right look? "Dance before you get dressed — put the music on, light the candles, dance naked, and your spirit will give you the right outfit."

[source: fashionologie]

No comments:

Post a Comment